Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Little Further Yet. . .

Sometimes trips just take a while. We can't seem to snap our fingers and - BINGO!- we are there!

Many miles we traveled with our children while in evangelistic work, countless times we were asked, "Are we there yet?" Or, "How much longer?"

We shared their sentiment, as our seats had had much more than we could endure! Hour after hour, mile after mile, episodes of exasperation and weariness, but yet, we knew there were people waiting for us to arrive!

And when we pulled into the parking lot of the church where we would be staying, how relieved we were! (Although the work was just starting!)
Set up.
Hook up.
Settling in for the duration.

Each of these miles I am traveling has seemed to have its own set of hindrances.
My mind wanders.
My house screams for attention.
The noise around me drowns out any hope of solitude.

I look for my own secret place, and find it difficult to discover.
but find it, I will. I am on a diligent journey this, and therefore, I will persist in my quest until my appetite for grace is satisfied!

"Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now I'm found,
Was blind, but now I see!"

No comments:

Post a Comment